Who Are We
Registered Company Name: CloserStill Media Limited
Trading As: eCommerce Expo
ICO Registration: Z1479947
Unit 12 Exhibition House
Addison Bridge Place
Phone: +44 (0)1923 692670
- Data submitted through our web forms (including registration forms)
- Data collected onsite during our exhibition(s), this includes personal information and activities
- Data collected by employees when in direct communication with persons / organisations
- Data gathered from services which use IP address to determine which organisation visitors to our site originate from
- Information from actions made by an individuals in response to direct marketing campaigns, including when an individual opens any emails or follows any links originating from our email communications
- Information related to website navigation and usage
- Data used to provide personalised marketing / user experiences while visiting our sites
- Personal information or supplementary information from partners who we engage with in joint marketing efforts
- Public data sources used to supplement or validate our existing datasets
- Data services / suppliers used to obtain or supplement our existing datasets
- Data which has been acquired as part of an acquisition or merger
Information collected may include personal contact details, professional experience, demographics relating to your professional activity / interests, dietary requirements and communication preferences.
Closerstill may share your information with 3rd parties if:
- You have consented to the sharing of this information:
- During registration
- During form submission
- While attending one of our events, in particular when attending theatres and visiting stands
- Data sharing is required for us to fulfil a contractual obligation we have with you / your organisation
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation
- You have consented to us sharing your details with carefully selected third parties whose products and services may interest you
- We or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets
In processing your personal information, it will sometimes be necessary for us to transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to our group companies and our third party service providers.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy and the data protection legislation when it is processed in, or otherwise accessed from, a location outside the EEA. In order to ensure this level of protection
Your information may be shared with divisions within the CloserStill Media group of companies ( list available here).
“Special Category Data" is data which is deemed more sensitive under data protection regulations, and so needs more protection. Definitions available here.
Although we generally seek to avoid collecting Special Category Data, there are some circumstances in which you may provide it to us (such as when you submit dietary requirements). In such cases, the provision of this information is entirely voluntary and subject to your express consent.
Where we do receive Special Category Data, we will only keep such information for as long as necessary in order to fulfil the purpose for which it was provided and to comply with our obligations under the law.
- Provide you with information and updates relating to a service you have signed up to
- Ensure you can manage any service that you have signed up to
- Deliver targeted promotional messaging relating to our services
- Deliver targeted messaging relating to products and services of our affiliates (exhibitors, sponsors, media partners)
- Invite you to take surveys related to our products or the products or our affiliates
- Respond to you in relation to any enquiries you may have
- Produce analytics relating to your usage of our products and response to our marketing activities
If you have previously attended one of our conferences or other events, subscribed to one of our services or we have made an assessment of your interests based on your profession or industry, then, in the absence of consent, the legal basis on which we have processed your data and communicated with you is legitimate interest. We have a legitimate interest in communicating with you in order to give you information regarding upcoming conferences or our other services. It is necessary for us to market our services in this way as there is no cost-effective alternative. In balancing our interests against yours, we take into consideration the facts that the amount of your personal data we process is minimal, that it is not sensitive data, that there is a minimal privacy impact and that you can easily opt out or unsubscribe at any time.
- The right at any time to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data
- The right to make a subject access request to be informed of what personal data of yours we hold
- The right to have your personal data rectified in the event that it is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to request the erasure of your personal data
- The right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data, especially where the processing is carried out for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability (i.e. transfer of your personal data to another organisation)
Your rights above can be exercised by contacting us at email@example.com and will be dealt with free of charge, we may require confirmation of your identity depending on your request.
Should you have any queries or complaints in relation to how we use your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you wish to take any complaints or queries further, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner's Office regarding such issues.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or their related policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information via these websites.
We take precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction through the use of appropriate technical and organisational measures. Certain areas of our websites may be password protected. If you are a user of our websites and have a password, you can help to preserve your privacy by ensuring that you do not share your password with anyone else.
We take steps to regularly validate the personal information we hold to ensure that the information is accurate and, where necessary, up to date. Information that is no longer required for any valid business purpose, and that we are not required to keep pursuant to any applicable law, will be routinely destroyed by secure means.
- Remember preferences which have been set
- Retain searches which have been made
- Remember when you have signed into our site
- Track the success of our marketing campaigns
We have embedded 3rd party Plugins (widgets) from our official Social profiles such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. It is our understanding that any cookies placed by these sites are placed only when you visit these websites or sign-in to them via the plugins on our website. To find out more please review their respective cookie policies:
We use 3rd party services to: